Friday, September 5, 2008

Sweet Baby Girl

I had hoped to begin my journey in blogosphere by writing a funny post about what my kids say and do. Instead I am grappling with an incomprehensible tragedy in the life of one of my friends and her family. Her 21 month old niece died yesterday in an accident in her home. Our lives are but a vapor and it is by a thin thread that we cling to this earth. In our fragility as humans we struggle to find meaning in such difficult circumstances but it is most often illusive. But we can cling to the fact that God is the same today as he was yesterday and he will carry this precious family through this. Please pray for them in the coming weeks and months as they struggle to live and breathe without their precious baby girl.
Naham 1:7 "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him."
LL

2 comments:

e&e said...

Hello Leah!

Found your blog via Cody's, of course.

And yes, we have been praying for Leslie and her family. We, too, are shocked, especially as parents of young children. I can not imagine what their entire family is going through right now.

And by the way, your children are beautiful!
ele

~cody said...

Beautiful start. I couldn't get over Lexi's insane blue eyes in that picture...I'm glad you used it!