Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Why Grains of Sand?

This is the question my dear husband posed to me as he perused my blog for the first time. Like many people, I have in the past lived my life waiting for milestones; when I get married, when I graduate from college, when I have a baby. Foolishly I thought when I reached these pinnacles I would really be living. I have been struck lately with how fast life flies by. Nothing crystallizes this more than being a mommy. My babies are growing at an alarming rate. Someday soon they will not be little anymore and I will be left holding the precious memories of their fleeting childhood. I have begun to understand that life is made in moments, not milestones. Each moment, like a grain of sand, is so small and can easily slip through my fingers. It is the sum of moments both good and bad that make up my life. This blog is my attempt to capture and treasure these moments before they are but a distant memory in the far reaches of my mind.
LL

No comments: