Monday, September 29, 2008

McScreamy and McDreamy


McScreamy

He looks so innocent, doesn't he? His sweet smile belies the fact that my precious youngest son has a problem with screaming. Not just your garden variety, but the ear peircing, hearing aid squealing, warn the neighbors dogs type. It occurs mostly during meal time when he wants more to eat. No question here whether children are born with their own will and sinful nature :) I have tried teaching him some signs, to no avail. My older two were taught the basics to ward off screaming, but I never experienced the volume and frequency of Mr. E's shrill voice. Any advice on how to reduce these episodes would be greatly appreciated.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Now on to McDreamy. This is not of Grey's Anatomy fame but my sweet second born. All of our children have been stretched to their limit as of late because of the hours my husband and I have spent working on our new house. We have not had a schedule or much structure for the last month at least. Mr. M has not napped decently for quite a while. Yesterday while riding home with his daddy, he fell asleep. The conversation that ensued is as follows: Daddy "buddy are you asleep." M "No, I wasn't asleep, I just closing my eyes so the sun doesn't get in." Isn't it amazing how kids fight sleep? No one needs to tell me to go to bed.


LL

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Duck-tape. Just kidding. Actually we have some friends that give their daughter vinegar in her mouth when she screams. They usually just have to tell her once that she'll get vinegar in her mouth for screaming and she'll stop--that's how much she doesn't like it. And it isn't much either, just a quarter teaspoon and she's three. At the same time as telling her not to scream, they'll tell her HOW they want her to communicate. Sounds like it works for them, probably not all though.

Anonymous said...

We want a blog update!